Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stuff you chose to ignore or never even thought about

I wsh someone would have told me... a lot of things. There's a line from Master Class that goes something like: "why don't they teach us that? There's a lot of stuff they don't teach us." And that is soooo true.
No one ever said it was going to be easy so I didn't expect it to be, but I got so caught up in how nice and helpful my theatre teachers are/were. From high school through junior college and on to university, my theatre teachers always pushed me to be my very best, helped me when I was slacking and even listened to me cry a few times. They taught me things outside of class that have been very useful in life and at work.

Ahhhh work. Where they expect you to know everything and do it on your own and not cry. Not that I'm a big cryer- just that sometimes I feel like I could. I knew that not everyone cares about my future like my teachers did and do, I just wish I had been reminded that I would be on my own and couldn't ask questions- I had to have all the answers. I am so used to have an amazing network of people to fall back on- if I couldn't do it, I knew someone who could, if I was at a dead end, there was always someone to help build a new road. At work you have you be pretty damn clever, and figure it out for yourself. Honestly, I think I'm doing better than I think, so far everything I've done has worked out and I haven't cried yet! ha ha ha

Bottom line: this is the sink or swim phase of pending adult life. You made it through college, now make it in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment